Day 2-I Am Malala review

On the second day of Advent I give to you a review of a phenomenal book that I have recently read.
 
I entered a competition to win this book not knowing what Malala's story was or anything about it. That's the excitement about new books-right? Luckily for me, I won the competition and I didn't even know until it turned up at my house. It took my two days to read this and it gave me the inspiration that I needed.
Just a little bit about how I won this book. Maximum Pop have a Twitter account for books ( @MaximumPopBooks) and they regularly do competitions, free chapters, authors take over the account etc. For book lovers or people who have an interest in writing stories, it is a great way to do it. 
I Am Malala tells you the story of a young girl who lives in Pakistan and her life is fine. She has education and her safety. But the Taliban arise informing everyone that education for girls is wrong. They bomb a bunch of girls schools and Malala fears that it wil be her fathers next. (Her father owns her school and two others). Anyway, she tries to fight for the right for girls to have education.
 
For me, this was a massive shock to my little heart. I never realised how much I have taken my education for granted. There are people who are fighting to go to school and I can barely get myself up to go to it. I never really noticed how bad the Taliban actually effected people. The fact that the story is written by Malala herself gives it the extra shock factor.
 
I would most definitely give this book a 4/5.
 
P.S. I recently made a Twitter account for this blog where I give insights to upcoming blogs, give aways etc. @laurensaunblog ty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4-Fav Netflix series

Day 11:My Waxing experience

Things to do in the new year